Carbon neutral buildings
Being the most international company in the world with operations in over 220 countries and territories, we have a considerable number of physical assets like warehouses, sorting centers/hubs/terminals, office buildings etc. We aim to leverage the latest green technologies to have carbon neutral buildings across our businesses worldwide.
Our approach for carbon neutral buildings by default:
- Carbon neutral design for all new (owned) buildings
- Increase share of green electricity to more than 90% globally by 2030 and directly procure energy from sustainable sources
- Roll-out of sustainable energy sources for heating to more than 50% of our buildings by 2030
- Convert locally produced electricity from renewable sources (e.g. solar power/photovoltaic) into fuels for our electrified fleet
- Use digitalization/intelligent building management systems to further reduce energy consumption