Deutsche Post DHL Group proves itself even in challenging market environment and confirms forecasts
The Group achieved revenue of EUR 20.9 billion in the first quarter; at EUR 1.6 billion, operating profit was 24.1 percent lower than in the prior-year quarter.
- Group revenue declines moderately to EUR 20.9 billion in the first quarter compared to strong prior-year level; operating profit at EUR 1.6 billion
- Group robustly positioned thanks to balanced portfolio, broad geographic footprint and focus on earnings and cost management
- Free cash flow at EUR 983 million
- Forecasts for 2023 and 2025 confirmed
- Tobias Meyer, CEO designate of Deutsche Post DHL Group: "Deutsche Post DHL Group continued to develop as planned in the first quarter of 2023. Our measures are paying off and we have achieved a continued high revenue and earnings level."
Bonn - Deutsche Post DHL Group got off to a robust start to the new fiscal year in 2023. In a challenging market environment, the Group achieved revenue of EUR 20.9 billion in the first quarter (Q1 2022: EUR 22.6 billion). At EUR 1.6 billion, operating profit (EBIT) was 24.1 percent lower than in the prior-year quarter. The Group-wide EBIT margin was 7.8 percent (Q1 2022: 9.6 percent). As anticipated by Deutsche Post DHL Group, the slowdown in global economic momentum was clearly noticeable in the first quarter. Based on the expected development, the Group has fully confirmed its earnings forecasts.