Deutsche Post DHL Group closes 2021 with record earnings
Group revenue was up 22.5 percent year on year to EUR 81.7 billion; record earnings of EUR 8.0 billion, the Group was thus more profitable than ever before.
- Profitable growth course continued in all divisions: Group revenue rises to EUR 81.7 billion in financial year 2021
- Operating profit reached EUR 8.0 billion, improving by 65 percent
- Free cash flow almost doubled to EUR 4.1 billion
- Increase in dividend to EUR 1.80 per share proposed; new share buyback program amounting up to EUR 2 billion initiated
- CEO Frank Appel: "In a challenging year, we achieved the best performance in the company's history."
Bonn - Deutsche Post DHL Group, the world's leading logistics company, delivered profitable growth during the past financial year. Group revenue was up 22.5 percent year on year to EUR 81.7 billion. That is the highest revenue figure in the Group's history. All five business units contributed to record business performance. Demand for the Group's logistics solutions reached a new all-time high last year, driven by the significant increase in global trade and continued strong e-commerce with further growth in shipment volumes. That in turn enabled the more efficient utilization of network capacities. The rapid pace of development led to record earnings of EUR 8.0 billion (2020: EUR 4.8 billion) and an EBIT margin of 9.8 percent (2020: 7.3 percent). The Group was thus more profitable than ever before.