Some 2,500 young people began their vocational training at Deutsche Post DHL Group in 2016
Depending on their area of interest and own unique talents, each of these young individuals will train in one of about 15 occupational fields and twelve dual courses of study.
- Once again in 2017, Deutsche Post DHL Group will offer a variety of exciting apprenticeships and courses of study
- Melanie Kreis, Board Member for Human Resources: "Good vocational training means career development opportunities for young people and, and at the same time, an investment in the future success of Deutsche Post DHL Group."
Bonn - In 2016 some 2.500 young people decided in favor of an apprenticeship at Deutsche Post DHL Group, the world's leading postal and logistics services company. Depending on their area of interest and own unique talents, each of these young individuals will train in one of about 15 occupational fields and twelve dual courses of study. Once again, the Group expects to be able to offer an even larger number of training positions next year. As Employer of Choice, with more than 500,000 employees worldwide, Deutsche Post DHL Group aspires to create optimal working conditions for current and future employees and trainees - an area in which the Group has already received multiple distinctions. DHL Express, for example, recently received the "Top Employer Global" award for the second year in a row from the Top Employers Institute, an independent certification company that recognizes outstanding employers.
The majority of training positions offered by Deutsche Post DHL Group are in its Post - eCommerce - Parcel division, where most apprentices train to become courier, express and postal services specialists - an area of increasing importance in the age of e-commerce. Young people can choose from a number of interesting occupational fields to pursue their training: as technical mechanics, electronics technicians or now also professional drivers, to name a few. Deutsche Post DHL Group also offers vocational training for office-based jobs such as IT specialist or forwarding and logistics specialist. An apprenticeship at Deutsche Post DHL Group is a chance for trainees to interact with customers in exciting sectors such as the fashion or automobile industries.
Young people can also pursue a three-year integrated degree program (Duales Studium) at Deutsche Post DHL Group. In 2016, some 160 candidates began their Duales Studium, a format made possible by partnerships between the Group and cooperative education universities at various locations throughout Germany. As part of the Duales Studium, participants alternate between on-the-job training and classroom learning every three months. For students in the areas IT, business administration and engineering, this provides ideal preparation for future challenges in their respective fields. Outstanding apprentices and integrated degree program students have the chance to be selected for the "Top-Azubi" talent program in their final year of training/study. The program provides special career development support through seminars and on-the-job trainings, as well as the prospect of a job offer, i.e. permanent position within the Group. This year 113 trainees/students were accepted into the program. The kick-off event was held in the Post Tower from November 9 -10.
"The success of our company is based on the performance and commitment of our employees," says Melanie Kreis , Board Member for Human Resources. "Good vocational training means career development opportunities for young people and, and at the same time, an investment in the future success of Deutsche Post DHL Group."
A chance to gain work experience in an internship or trainee program
Deutsche Post DHL Group also offers internships for university students looking to gain work experience during their studies. Along with traditional internships, the Group's JOIN internship program offers some 50 outstanding university students a "fast track" learning opportunity with intensive mentoring. Over the course of two to six month internships, JOIN participants can take advantage of special networking events to meet fellow interns and Deutsche Post DHL Group managers.
The 18-month trainee program GROW prepares outstanding university graduates to become specialists and managers within the company. The program consists of two 7-month phases within the trainee's own field, such as IT, marketing, human resources or business development, followed by a shorter third phase involving an assignment in a different field either in Germany or abroad.
Application deadlines and program start dates
- Apprenticeships: Depending on location, apprenticeships will begin in either August or September 2017. Interested candidates can apply starting September 2016.
- Integrated degree program (Duales Studium): The next Duales Studium opportunity will begin in October 2017; applications are being accepted as of September 2016.
- JOIN: JOIN internships can begin any time starting January 2017 (start dates are flexible). University students or graduates must submit their applications by December 5, 2016.
- GROW: The next GROW trainee program will begin in April 2017. The normal application deadline was November 14, 2016; for selected areas the deadline is November 28, 2016. A second round of the program will begin in October 2017; candidates can submit their applications starting January 13, 2017.