Deutsche Post SIMSme messenger app tops one million mark
Just six months after its launch, SIMSme, the secure messenger app solution from Deutsche Post, has topped the 1 million downloads mark.
- Demand for secure messenger communication grows
- New app for business customers planned
Bonn - Just six months after its launch, SIMSme, the secure messenger app solution from Deutsche Post, has topped the 1 million downloads mark. Since August 2014, customers have been able to use SIMSme to send text messages, pictures, videos and contact and location information. The distinguishing feature of SIMSme is its high level of data protection. All messages are automatically encrypted by the sender and can only be decrypted by the recipient. This end-to-end encryption makes eavesdropping by third parties impossible. All data are stored exclusively on servers in Germany, and messages are deleted from the servers after delivery to the recipient. SIMSme security also features password protection and an easy-to-use unlock function via Touch ID.
"For us, a million downloads signal a growing demand for secure, intelligent, customized communications solutions," explains Marco Hauprich, Senior Vice President Mobile and New Media at Deutsche Post. "With data theft and data privacy and protection playing an increasingly important role, our users value the fact that their content is protected from third-party access. That we have topped the million mark shows we are on the right track and encourages us to continue our data privacy and protection endeavors."
Internationalization and optimization for business customer use
Plans include further internationalization of the SIMSme app - since mid-February it has been available in eight additional languages, including Chinese - and its optimization for business customer use. This involves offering SIMSme as a fast and secure internal communications channel, SIMSme as a secure alternative authentication tool, such as for online banking, and - last but not least - SIMSme content channels to give companies and other organizations a simple, convenient and secure way to share news and information.
SIMSme at a glance:
- Messaging in the form of text, audio and pictures, as well as location and contact information
- End-to-end encryption of all messages sent via the app
- Optional self-destruction feature for all messages, via a timer or using day/time-definite deletion
- Three-phase recipient authentication, including direct physical transfer of the encryption
- A password protects the app from third-party access, with Touch ID available for iOS upon request
- Data stored exclusively on servers in Germany
- Messages are deleted from the servers after delivery to recipients