DHL enhances integrated Technical Services offer
- DHL Supply Chain signs global collaboration agreements with strategic partners
- 25 percent reduction in total costs possible
Customizing and configuring products closer to the end customer within regional hubs reduces lead times and cuts cost.
DHL Supply Chain today announced that it is enhancing its comprehensive integrated aftermarket Technical Services offering by signing further global collaboration agreements with strategic partners to perform selected repair activities. Receiving, assessing, repairing, re-boxing and re-selling returned products accounts for an average of six percent of total sales revenue within an electronics industry spending $19 billion on managing customer returns, every year. By integrating repair within the warehouse, DHL Supply Chain's Technology Sector expects to deliver its customers up to 25 percent reduction in total cost.
"In a competitive marketplace, aftermarket service reputation is a major differentiator. These improvements to the scale and scope of our fully-managed end-to-end solution will ensure our customers can respond faster, resolve issues, maximize value and improve satisfaction for their end customers", said Dan Ellerton, Chief Development Officer at DHL Supply Chain. And he added: "We work closely with our customers to establish what they need from our aftermarket technical services, and then propose a tailored, cost-effective solution so they can seamlessly outsource both the process management and practical capabilities needed. Co-locating and integrating repair with logistics solutions tailored to their business gives our customers greater control and visibility and ensures we remain the world's leading logistics provider."
DHL's new worldwide partners
The expansion of DHL's end-to-end solutions will ensure more products in the reverse technology supply chain can be tested, screened and repaired using DHL Supply Chain's multi-vendor repair partners. These partners were selected due to their extensive repair capabilities and geographic reach:
- ANOVO is a market leading provider of after sales support and supply chain management services within the telecommunications, access, infrastructure & networking and consumer electronics markets.
- Computer Technology Solutions, L.P. ("CTS") is recognized as an industry leader in reverse logistics and repair services for the U.S. portable electronics market. The company specializes in providing depot (mail-in) services on behalf of global consumer electronics brands.
- SMS Infocomm (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. provides one-stop post-sales service solutions. Working across the broad spectrum of the service chain, SMS aligns specific service activities, infrastructure, and personnel to elevate the efficiency of their clients' service efforts.
DHL's new worldwide partners will enhance its global network which covers over 220 countries across all regions and more than 60 countries with operations dedicated to customers in the Technology sector. With this industry-leading footprint DHL leverages international expertise across industry sectors; offering flexibility and commitment to deliver consistently excellent operations in all geographies; and common processes for project management and continuous improvement.
DHL's portfolio of integrated pre-sales and aftermarket solutions includes kitting and co-packing, assembly, customization and configuration, staging and deployment, postponement, recovery, redeployment, repair, reselling and recycling. In pre-sales, DHL is introducing improved flexibility to allow for unpredictable product demand across all markets. Customizing and configuring products closer to the end customer within regional hubs reduces lead times, cuts cost and enhances technology companies' scope so they can remain flexible.