DHL Global Customer Solutions wins outstanding partner in Supply Chain Excellence AwardSingapore, 10/07/2009, 11:30 AM CEST
DHL today announced that its customer relationship management organization, DHL Global Customer Solutions (GCS), has received a prestigious SCM Logistics Excellence Award for 2009. DHL GCS is one of five winning companies to be recognized with an Outstanding Partner in Supply Chain Excellence Award.
The awards, announced during an award ceremony in Singapore last night, celebrate companies that have played significant roles in creating and deploying supply chains that have helped improve a customer's overall business performance.
DHL GCS was selected from more than 30 nominations based on its ability to regularly demonstrate quantifiable business results for customers through reliable service level performance. DHL GCS was also recognized for its track record in addressing environmental challenges through the company's global GoGreen program that is focused on reducing carbon emissions.
"It is an honor for DHL to be recognized with such a well-respected industry award," said Richard Owens, CEO, Global Customer Solutions, DHL Asia Pacific. "Our customers have seen how strategic partnerships with GCS can help them achieve their overall business goals while reducing costs and improving overall operational efficiency. The Outstanding Partner Award is testament to our commitment to customers and the expertise of our team in Asia Pacific, which has really shone through during the tough economic situation."
The Award winners were selected by an independent panel of judges
Judges also acknowledged DHL GCS for its innovation in establishing DHL's Supply Chain Center of Excellence (SCCE), an organization pioneered by GCS, and supported by the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB). This industry-leading partnership was established to facilitate, and support local and foreign investors in the manufacturing and services sectors in Singapore, and is focused on delivering value in three key areas: strategic consultancy, thought leadership and technology & innovation. Since its inception in 2007, the SCCE has focused on building Singapore's position as a logistics hub to develop, test-bed and commercialize supply chain solutions for a range of customers.
The SCM Logistics Excellence Award winners were selected by an independent panel of judges, which included world-renowned experts from international consultancies and academic institutions. The members of the distinguished panel for 2009 were:
- Professor Waiman Cheung, Director Li & Fung Institute of Supply Chain Management and Logistics, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Professor Yossi Sheffi, Professor of Engineering and Director, MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Dr. William Grenoble, Executive Director, Center for Supply Chain Research, Penn State Smeal College of Business, USA
- Jeffrey Russell, Managing Director, Global Supply Chain Practice, Accenture
- Professor Daniel Corsten, Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management, IE Business School, Spain
- Steve Banker, Director Supply Chain Management, ARC Advisory Group, USA