DHL Extends International Service for Time-Definite Deliveries
- New destinations in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia
- Now also for parcels and merchandise shipments
DHL offers time-definite deliveries to more countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, with immediate effect. In so doing, the company is responding to the increased demand for its Time Definite Delivery (TDD) service. This service saw a revenue increase of 25 percent last year.
In comparison with the competition, DHL now has the biggest geographical coverage for time-definite deliveries of goods. While the service was previously only offered for documents, it is now also available for parcels up to a certain goods value, samples, spare parts and finished products.
In combination with the industry's latest possible collection times, this service is particularly well-suited for last-minute orders, for example the dispatch of vital spare parts whose punctual arrival can help to prevent lengthy, and thus costly, outage time of manufacturing machinery.
"In extending this service, we are responding to our customers' increasingly international and time-critical business operations with Asia and emerging markets," explains Marco Demuth, Member of the Divisional Board DHL Express Germany.
The door-to-door delivery services StartDay Express and MidDay Express guarantee deliveries by 9.00 a.m. or 12.00 noon on the next working day. They include a money-back guarantee and offer customers various possibilities for tracking and tracing consignments and receiving confirmation of delivery - online, by e-mail, fax or SMS text messaging. The extension of the TDD services strengthens DHL's worldwide leading position in the time-critical deliveries and following the latest extension, they are now available in the following countries and regions:
- Europe and the Middle East: From all 25 EU countries to Norway, Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar and Nigeria.
- Asia and Oceania: Within Hong Kong and from Hong Kong to Singapore, Bangkok, Tokyo, Taipei, Osaka, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur and Manila, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
- Americas: The existing TDD services will continue to be offered within the United States, within Mexico and within Brazil.