Ten trends for the next ten years
For the study "Delivering Tomorrow - Customer Needs in 2020 and Beyond", Deutsche Post DHL has brought together experts from around the world to provide opinions and analyses on future trends in the global economy.
Global developments - The world economy grows
- Climate change will become the big issue and unleash a "green" revolution of products and services - sustainable energy production is on the threshold of a breakthrough.
- The gap between rich and poor is expected to keep growing. We must act decisively to counter this.
- China will be the undisputed winner of economic growth and join the ranks of the world's technological leaders.
The "new" customer: New needs, expectations, behaviors
- The Internet will transform customer expectations and behavior all over the world - the focus will be on individualization, transparency, availability, and speed.
- Ecofriendliness and conscientious consumption will determine purchasing behavior to an increasing degree.
- Convenience, comfort, and simplicity will be the central requirements.
- Person-to-person communication will remain a priority.
Altered logistics: The new model industry
- The logistics industry will become a trendsetter and establish new standards for cooperative efforts and "green" business.
- Offshoring and outsourcing will create new possibilities - the value chain will expand in all directions for services relating to logistics.
- Logistics providers will increasingly develop into consulting companies; their complementary services will offer added value.