Our culture, our people
Our culture is high performing, respectful, cooperative, supportive, with a can do attitude and a global mindset. We encourage people to take initiative and responsibility and we reward people who deliver customer service excellence and give high priority to improving quality and service.
The voice of our employees
"In a culture of trust, loyalty and respect, we feel empowered and recognized to add value in a challenging and diverse environment. Join our community and develop cross-functional business expertise with excellent career opportunities and global exposure."
(GBS Identity Workshops, 2008)
Respect and results are indispensible elements guiding every aspect of our decision processes and culture, every day and everywhere.
As a service organization, the success of Global Business Services is driven by its thousands of well-trained and highly-motivated people. Working in GBS offers you great opportunities to master challenges, meet interesting people and achieve success as part of a strong team that works together on the basis of trust.
The following is example of profiles and experiences of some of our people working in the service lines like procurement, legal, IT, human resources and management consulting.
E-Commerce / Customer Services Techical Lead, IT Services
"Working at DHL IT Services is a truly international experience. At our Prague location weemploy over 1,000 specialists and professionals representing over 60 nationalities. On a daily basis we're in contact with customers from around the globe and with our colleagues at other IT Services locations."
Currently working in ITS Europe (Prague) as a Technical Lead under the E-Commerce/Customer Services domain (Production Services) Main function is to provide technical skills and guidance towards the successful IT support and delivery of DHL applications and projects
Currently working in ITS Europe (Prague) as Manager of Hosting Services under Infrastructure Operations (PDS). Manages a team composed of 8 Hosting Service Owners who each acts as the main point of contact on the ITS side responsible for the day-to-day run of hosting services in their portfolios. Also has his own portfolio of services to look after.
- 2012 - today Manager Hosting Services - Prague, PDS Infrastructure Operations, ITS Prague
- 2011 - 2012 Hosting Service Owner, PDS Infrastructure Operations, ITS Prague
- 2008 - 2011 Technical Lead, E-Commerce/Customer Service Domain, ITS Prague
- 2006 - 2008 Application und Support Analyst, Sales und Marketing Domain, ITS Prague
- 2004 - 2006 Systems Administrator, Operations Delivery, ITS Prague
- 2000 - 2004 Systems and Database Administrator, DHL Aviatio(Philippines) Inc.
- Graduated from the University of the Philippines Los Banos with a bachelor's degree in computer science
- Czech (basic)
- Pool (Billiards)
Global Employee Relations & Talent Management, Human Resources
"Ever since joining DHL, I have not stopped learning, enjoying never ending challenges and a truly international environment. I am proud of the work we do every day."
My current responsibilities include overall design and implementation of strategy, process and tools in areas of Talent Management, Development & Recruitment. I’ve introduced Critical Vacancy Process & Talent Brokerage and is a member of the core team that design groupwide Career Framework, on top of my responsibilities in Employee Engagement topic.
My current Job Responsibilities as GBS Global Employee Relations include coordinating GBS annual Employee Opinion Survey, GBS Employee Value Proposition and Employees Communications; design and implementation of Recognition Programs, GBS Recruitment, Induction & On-boarding Processes, GBS Career Development Framework & Support, etc."
Previous experience with DP DHL includes: management development covering performance management, talent management, succession planning, implementing leadership development framework, 1-2-1 development: 360 feedback, coaching, etc.
- 2010 - today Finance, GBS Global Talent Management & Engagement Manager
- 2006 - 2010 Management Development Manager at GBS, IT Services
- 2005 - 2006 Global HR Project Manager at GBS, IT Services
- 2000 - 2005 Knowledge Manager and CEE Practice Coordinator at Egon Zehnder International, Czech & Slovak
- 1998 - 2000 Marketing Specialist at Energy Centre Bratislava, Slovakia
- DePaul Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business in Chicago (MBA)
- University of Economics in Slovakia (ING)
- HR Policies & Practices, Cranfield University, UK
- Insights Personality Profile Certification
- Enjoying being a mother and spending time with our new family member
- Reading business / management books
- Travelling (always dreaming of visiting the most interesting and challenging places around the world…)
Senior Expert Organization Standards and Tools, Procurement
"Tremendous learning and development opportunities, truly international and intercultural challenges as well as the commitment to contribute to the success of Deutsche Post DHL, motivate me to give my very best for GBS Procurement, every day."
- Knowledge and Contract Management for Procurement (Global Standardization of Processes and Tools)
- First Choice (Program Manager for Procurement and Senior Advisor)
- Fit4Procurement (Global Procurement People Development and EOS)
- 2013 - today Head of Procurement Performance Standard & Tools, Asia Pacific
- 2005 - 2013 Senior Expert Procurement Processes and Tools
- 2008 - today Six Sigma Black Belt
- 2003 - 2005 SAP Consultant for DP IT Solutions (IT Services)
- Executive MBA Program at the European School of Management and Technology (esmt) in Berlin
- Vocal Training as Financial Services Clerk
- Studies in Business and Computer Science
- A lot of sports: running, soccer, squash, badminton
- My job (just a joke)
Head of Business Process Optimization Legal Services
"I enjoy the feeling and pride when my personal contribution really matters and makes a difference. At GBS I found the dynamic place to make this happen. Here I truly profit from the team oriented and multicultural environment."
- Head of Business Processes and Organization, a small department in the Legal Services organization
- By applying First Choice methodology we work on optimizing internal processes and interfaces to other departments. Doing this on a global level accross all regions and countries leads to quality improvements, a standardised solution delivery and reduced costs.
- Beyond this, we are dealing with various other non legal topics such as communications or conducting the employee opinion survey or the business partner satisfaction survey.
- 2009 - today Head of BPO in Legal Services
- 2007 - 2009 GBS Staff department/ Executive office for the DPDHL Group CFO
- 2006 - 2007 Managing Consultant at IT Services
- 2003 - 2006 Professor of Business Informatics (University of Applied Science)
- 1995 - 2003 Product Manager and Pre-sales in software development at SAP
- 1993 - 1995 Financial Analyst / Controlling at Hewlett Packard
- University degree in Business Administration (Diplom-Kaufmann) " PhD in Economics
- Having fun with the family and kids