In business, as in sports, success depends on a combination of collaborative teamwork, rigorous training, an effective strategy, and a winning attitude. That very combination forms the basis for the successful cooperation between the businesses of Deutsche Post DHL Group and the Service Lines of GBS.
Meeting the needs of our business partners
Global Business Services (GBS) is one of the largest global shared services organizations in the world. GBS operates in over 220 countries with over 11,000 employees, offering a wide spectrum of support services to all Deutsche Post DHL Group divisions. We work in partnership with the business units – our Business Partners – and remain focused on their needs and opportunities.
GBS's advantage lies in leveraging the internal professionals who understand core business and enable business units to have more time to focus on core operations. The Service Lines also help the Deutsche Post DHL Group to enhance transparency, increase efficiency and reduce cost while striving for better quality of services.
In brief: Our mission is to add value to and meet the needs of our Business Partners at a competitive cost position – and thereby to become a preferred internal Service Partner.
Learn more about our eleven service lines
Facts & Figures
Impressive facts & figures
GBS is active in 220 countries around the world – at most places where Deutsche Post DHL Group maintains a presence. GBS employs some 11,000 staff worldwide – around 8,500 in Europe, 800 in America and 1,800 in Asia Pacific and EEMEA.
The largest Service Lines are Finance and HR Services with around 4,200 employees, then IT Services with around 3,200 employees, followed by Real Estate with around 2,000 employees globally.
The volume of work which the GBS Service Lines handle is significant.
Each year they:
- process some 25 million billings and invoices and handle over one million finance-related telephone inquiries from customers;
- manage 34 million square meters of owned and leased property around the globe;
- support approximately 320.000 employees globally in a variety of human resources processes;
- manage more than 10 billion euros of annual procurement spend;
- manage a fleet of more than 60.000 vehicles – from delivery vans to special lift trucks;
- provide IT services to DPDHL Group 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with a “Follow the Sun” policy supported by state-of-the art data centers
Among our medalists
GBS Service Lines have been the recipients of awards and recognition for a range of noteworthy achievements. Their successes are tantamount to the success of our Business Partners.
The following is some examples:
- Procurement Excellence Award for Procurement EMEA's transformation project "BestFit". The award recognizes excellence, innovation, and leadership across the European Procurement and Supply Chain community.
- Real Estate Europe and DHL Express Hungary team won the prestigious Warehousing/Logistics Development Award from Construction & Investment Journal.
- HR Operations Germany's administrative personnel processes were ranked the best in a benchmarking against six top German companies including Lufthansa, Commerzbank, and Dresdner Bank.
- IT Services has achieved CMMI Level 3 certifications in all regions (CMMI – Capability Maturity Model Integration is an industry- independent qualification that attests the quality of IT products and services delivered).
- MCCA Employer of Choice Award for Legal Services Americas on commitment and success in creating and maintaining an inclusive corporate legal department that honors the Pathways concept of Compliance, Diversity and Inclusion.
- SSON Award for Asia Pacific Finance & HR Shared Services Centre based in Malaysia for Excellence in Improvement and Innovation.
- Americas Premier Award recognizing Procurement Americas advanced, outstanding and innovative approaches in Category Management and Strategic Sourcing.
- 1st place for Women in Business Group for IT Services from European Grand Prix of Federation of European Internal Communicators Associations (FEIEA).