SUPPLY CHAIN Division
Customer-centric outsourcing solutions in two business units
In our SUPPLY CHAIN division, DHL provides warehousing, managed transport and value-added services at every link in the supply chain for customers in a variety of industries. We also offer solutions for corporate information and communications management tailored precisely to the needs of our customers.
The division comprises the two business units of Supply Chain and Williams Lea.
In the Supply Chain business unit, we provide logistics solutions along the entire supply chain for customers in a wide variety of sectors. From planning, sourcing, production, storage and distribution to returns and recycling, customers rely on us to ensure a smooth logistics flow.
We offer warehousing, distribution, managed transport and value-added services as well as business process outsourcing, supply chain management and consulting solutions. We secure them competitive advantages by ensuring that our customers' products and information reach their markets quickly and efficiently. With local insight and global scale, we support customers in more than 60 countries in optimising their complex processes.
Our business mainly provides expert solutions in six focus sectors: Consumer, Retail, Technology, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Automotive and Energy. We manage the supply chains all the way from the source of supply to the end customer. Flexibility, reliability and cost efficiency are the key value drivers of our services, which range from international inbound logistics and warehouse and transport services to packaging and other value-added services.
- Customers in the Technology sector require fast, flexible and efficient supply chains. In addition, demand for integrated product and service logistics is increasing. Our portfolio ranges from inbound-to-manufacturing services and warehouse and transport services to integrated packaging solutions, returns management and technical services. For a leading manufacturer of printers and multifunctional systems, we handle the configuration and technical adjustment of the devices in addition to managing and operating the regional distribution centre in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. The result of this integrated solution was a 26% cost reduction per unit within 18 months.
- We are also increasingly providing integrated solutions in the Life Sciences & Healthcare sector, where supply chains and logistics processes are still developing in many parts of the world. Our offering takes account of steadily rising cost pressure whilst meeting the high quality standards of our customers.
- The Automotive industry is one of our truly global sectors. Production is shifting increasingly to emerging markets such as China, India and Brazil, in which we already have a strong presence. For our inbound-to-manufacturing, aftermarket logistics and lead logistics provider solutions, the key factor is our ability to offer a high degree of global flexibility and reliability whilst further lowering costs.
- In the fast-growing Energy sector, DHL provides integrated logistics solutions from procurement to disposal. Our maintenance, repair and operation services offer streamlined supply chain and service solutions that can often substantially reduce costs whilst significantly increasing maintenance productivity.
A variety of outsourcing solutions for companies
Williams Lea provides services in two areas: marketing solutions and business process outsourcing. Document management, marketing and customer correspondence are amongst the solutions supplied, which we offer to customers in the financial services, retail, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, publishing, public and legal sectors.
Williams Lea is a business services company that transforms the way organizations operate and communicate. We combine consultancy, unique expertise and the latest integrated technology to develop solutions that engage customers, find efficiencies and reduce risk. In almost every sector, from lifestyle to banking, public to private, we have people, scale and experience to deliver.
Our business segments are:
- Business process outsourcing
- Brand Services Agency Tag
The Group also encompasses Tag, a global Brand Services Agency that manages and implements global communications campaigns. Our clients - over 47 of the world's top 500 brands across more than 180 different countries - trust us to bring control and consistency to their campaigns, taking them to market quickly and effectively.