Deutsche Post DHL - the Group at a glance
The Deutsche Post and DHL corporate brands represent a one-of-a-kind portfolio of logistics (DHL) and communications (Deutsche Post) services. The Group provides its customers with easy to use standardized products as well as innovative and tailored solutions ranging from dialog marketing and e-commerce related logistics to industrial supply chains. Around 480,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories form a global network focused on service, quality and sustainability. With programs in the areas of environmental protection, disaster management and education, the Group is committed to social responsibility.
Our strength in numbers:
- We do business in more than 220 countries and territories.
- We employ about 480,000 employees worldwide, making us one of the top 10 largest employers in the world.
- We manage more than 1 million customer contacts per hour.
- In 2013, Deutsche Post DHL generated revenues of more than 55 billion euros.
We want to stay the postal service for Germany and to become the logistics company for the world. We commit ourselves to making our customers, employees and shareholders more successful – without compromising on results. At the center of this is a two-pillar approach focused on mail and logistics services.
Deutsche Post will set its focus on service quality and introducing new products for electronic communications. For DHL, the focus is on creating tighter links between the DHL divisions in order to better address customer needs. The unit "DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation" will help drive the development of innovative ideas into marketable solutions. We will also be turning our attention to creating more industry-specific solutions for sectors such as life sciences and technology.
Two powerful brands
Deutsche Post DHL brings two powerful brands to the marketplace.
- The Deutsche Post brand stands for personal proximity, reliable quality and groundbreaking services. Its success is built on the unique infrastructure in Germany, consistently high quality in the mail business and innovative services in the area of dialog marketing.
- The DHL brand stands for personal commitment, proactive solutions and local strength in the parcel business as well as in international express, logistics and mail operations. Our employees, who focus on customers’ needs and provide them with individually customized solutions, help secure our success.
The first choice for customers and shareholders
As part of our Strategy 2020 we want to be the provider of choice for customers, an attractive investment for shareholders and the employer of choice for our staff.
The Group's global program First Choice is designed to intensify our focus and our business processes on our customers' needs. We are committed to strengthening customer loyalty and expanding our business using our existing customer base. We also aim to change the corporate culture of Deutsche Post DHL. We are doing more to promote collaboration among employees across the Group in an effort to enhance value for our customers.
Our ability to perform as a Group rests on the shoulders of our many employees. Our guiding principle "Respect & Results" strengthens the collaboration among our employees and demonstrates our respect for human rights within our sphere of influence. True to the motto "Living Responsibility", our programs focus on the areas of environmental protection (GoGreen), disaster management (GoHelp) and education (GoTeach), and support the volunteer work of our employees.